Regular divine services

 

THE HOLY MASSES:

  • every Sunday  - 6 pm. in the Loreto main Church of the Nativity of Our Lord (at 7 pm. from July 2018)
Read more ...

Events for Pilgrims

 

DECEMBER 2018

 
5th December – The Capuchin Evening

From 7 pm. let's enjoy a 8řth charity concert, in the baroque refectory of the Capuchin monastery opposite Loreto Sanctuary. 

CHRISTMAS WORSHIPS IN LORETO SANCTUARY
AND IN THE CAPUCHIN CONVENT
                                                                                   PMKA    LOR
24. 12.   Vigile of the Nativity Feast  16:00  
25. 12.  Feast of the Nativity of Our Lord  08:30  19:00
26. 12.  Feast of St. Stephan  08:30  
27. 12. Feast of St. John the Evangelist  08:30  
28. 12. Feast Massacre of the Innocents  08:30  
29. 12.  Saturday in Nativity week    
30. 12. Feast of the Holy Family  08:30  19:00
31. 12. Thanksgiving for the past year  17:00  
01. 01.  Feast of the Virgin Mary  08:30  19:00
02. 01.    17:00  
03. 01.  Feast of Most Holy Name of Jesus  17:00  
04. 01.    17:00  
05. 01.      
06. 01. Feast of the Epiphany  08:30  19:00
 
used shortcuts:
PMKA = the Capuchin Convent Church of Our Lady Queen of Angels
LOR = the Loreto Church of the Nativity of Our Lord
 
LORETO SANCTUARY become a part of a PILGRIMAGE CYCLE PATH "LORETO PRAGUE – KŘEMEŠNÍK"
The pilgrimage cycle path from Loreto to Křemešník attracts adults and children. Net faith journey, amazing country and pilgrimage places ... young and old pilgrims can find something for everyone.

kremesnik poute

mass4m
You are cordially welcome to feel spiritual essence of Loreto Sanctuary and Capuchin Convent... 

 

>> you may be also interested in:

 

mass09

 

Anniversary Holy Mass

You are cordially welcome to celebrate the Anniversary Holy Mass, which will be held in Loreto Church of the Nativity of Our Lord
in June 7 at 6 pm!

Church of the Nativity of Our Lord

IMG 3288

The Dientzenhofers - an important family of architects - had an impact on the building development of the Prague Loreto in the first half of the 18th century. Christoph Dientzenhofer began the two-phase reconstruction of the church and designed the western facade of the entire complex, which was finished, after his death in 1722, by his son Kilian Ignaz, with minor alterations. The latter is also the author of the design of the terrace with balustrades in front of the facade. In 1735, Christoph’s stepson, J. G. Aichbauer, finished the final reconstruction of the church, financed (as was most of the interior decoration) by Countess Maria Margarethe Waldstein, née Czernin von Chudenice.

Read more ...

The History of the Pilgrimage Site

 

The Prague Loreto is a remarkable Baroque historic monument, a place of pilgrimage with captivating history. The expansive decorative frontal façade with a clock tower, from which the Loreto carillon tunes may be heard every hour, shall certainly not go unnoticed by any local or foreign visitor passing here on his or her way to the Prague Castle. It would, however, be a great pity to enjoy only this picturesque view opening before us from the terrace of the Czernin Palace. Those who descend as far as the Loreto Square and pass through the Loreto gate will be pleasantly surprised by the place of pilgrimage disposition. We are convinced they will appreciate everything of interest that is to be seen here.

Read more ...

Holy House - Santa Casa

letni casaWhat is Loreto in the truest sense of the word? The whole Sanctuary? Not, only few people know that the genuine Loreto - Holy House or Santa Casa - is the small decorated chapel in the middle of the cloister. The conceptual and actual centre of the complex is the vera effigies, the ‘true form’, of the Italian model (in the Baroque account, the ‘sacrum’ of a cult object was transferred through its external form). The history of the entire pilgrimage site began with the laying of the foundation stone of the house on 3 June 1626. The first patron and founder was Benigna Katharine von Lobkowitz; she chose an Italian in Vienna, G. B. Orsi (died 1641) as the architect of the Casa. The Prague Archbishop, Cardinal Ernst Adalbert Count von Harrach, consecrated the Chapel on 25 March 1631.

Read more ...