The Arcades with chapels
The main entrance brings the pilgrim into the arcade courtyard. The signature of F. A. Scheffler (1701-1760) can be found on the fresco of the Annunciation on the vault of the 1st bay of the arcade by the entrance. After 1750 he executed the painting of the entire ground-floor of the courtyard (with the invocations from the Litany of Loreto), including the frescoes on the cupolas of three corner chapels. As they walk along the arcade, the visitors pass the spaces of the Old Treasury, no longer accessible to the public (previously, the Loreto treasure was deposited there).